Red Currant Clafoutis
|Nutrient name||Nutrient weight per serving|
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon, Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Breeze® Almond Beverage
- 1/2 cup fresh currants, removed from their vines
- Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Liberally grease a 9-inch round baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, white sugar, brown sugar and salt. Mix in the eggs and almond beverage. Whisk until completely combined. The batter will have a few small lumps and be very thin. Allow to rest on the counter while picking off the currants from their vines.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle the currants on top, being sure to spread them out evenly. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set and firm. The clafoutis will puff up slightly in the oven, but will deflate as it sits--not a big deal. Garnish with a few more vines of fresh currants and dust the clafoutis with powdered sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or enjoy it all by itself.
If you can’t find fresh red currants, try it with champagne grapes, blueberries or blackberries.
Made With These Almond Breeze® Products
Looking For Almond Breeze®?
We’re here to help.