- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1/2 cup broth
- Crumbled goat cheese, cilantro, sliced avocado and lime juice for serving
- Heat a large saucepan to medium, and add a splash of olive oil.
- Add your bell peppers, onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently until aromatic and slightly softened.
- Add the seasonings, and stir to fully coat the veggies. Reduce the heat to low and add the black beans.
- Next, add your marinara sauce and stir well.
- Gently pour in the Almond Breeze and broth, stir to heat through (but do not boil) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve into bowls and top with crumbled goat cheese, cilantro and lime wedges.