- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup medium grind cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, frozen and shredded
- 4 ounces Havarti, cheese shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and pepper into a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Cut in grated butter until just incorporated and a fine meal forms.
- Fold in the Havarti and green onions and gently stir in the almond milk until no dry spots remain.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized scoops onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits have lightly browned on top and have cooked through.
- Allow biscuits to cool for 7 to 10 minutes before serving.