- 2 bunches kale, washed dried and torn into pieces (ribs removed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (can substitute coconut oil for healthier alternative)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch kale in salted, boiling water until bright and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain kale into a colander, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Sauté garlic and shallots for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add almond milk and reduce heat to medium. Simmer mixture until milk has reduced by 1/3.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mixture has thickened and everything is completely combined. Adjust seasonings and serve.