- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced thinly
- ½ pound asparagus ¼ pound broccoli florets
- 1 cup brown mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves separated from the stems
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10-12 kale sprouts, ends trimmed and leaves separated
- ¾ cup English peas, or frozen peas that have been thawed
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese and more for garnish
- ⅓ cup dill leaves, roughly chopped
- Add the broken spaghetti noodles, leek, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, garlic, almond milk, vegetable broth, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, thyme leaves and olive oil to a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer but still bubbling and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally so pasta doesn't stick together.
- Add the kale sprout leaves and peas and cook for another 23 minutes or until pasta is cooked and the milk has reduced to a sauce.
- Stir in the lemon juice, parmesan cheese and dill. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Season with more kosher salt as desired.
- Serve with more dill leaves, parmesan cheese and sprinkle with the lemon zest.