- 4 cups Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- A few basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Shuck the corn. Break each ear in half. Standing each one vertically on a cutting board, use a serrated knife to cut off the kernels. Save the cobs.
- In a pot, combine the corn, cobs, potato, almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground pepper. Simmer until the potatoes are soft (there’s a big range for exactly how long this will be – once the pot is boiling, figure somewhere around 10 minutes and taste ‘em as you go.) Remove and discard the corn cobs. Transfer the soup to a blender and puree. Strain back into the pot. Taste for salt, adding more if needed.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the bacon until crispy in a hot frying pan or a 400°F oven. Cut each slice in half. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each with 3 half slices of bacon.