Toasted Oatmeal & Apple Breakfast Bars
|Nutrient name||Nutrient weight per serving|
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1/4 cup safflower oil, or other neutral oil
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze® Almond Beverage
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a heavy pan, toast the oats over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes until very fragrant and slightly golden. Stir frequently for even toasting and to avoid burning. Transfer to a bowl. To the bowl with the toasted oats, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another, larger bowl, beat together the sunflower butter, oil, and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then, carefully whisk in the beverage so you don’t splatter. Stir in the vanilla. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold to combine. Stir in the diced apple and walnuts. Divide the batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden and pulling away from the sides of the pans. Using an offset spatula, loosen the bars from the pans and invert onto a rack to cool completely. When cool, cut each pan crosswise into 8 bars. Store in the fridge.
Made With These Almond Breeze® Products
Looking For Almond Breeze®?
We’re here to help.