- 2 sweet potatoes cubed
- 10 to 12 ounces mixed mushrooms quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus tender parts chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup Almond Breeze Cashew Blend Unsweetened Original
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
Note: the recipe fits into a standard 9x13 pan. If you use a smaller pan, you'll need to use multiple pans.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. On one baking sheet, spread the sweet potatoes, on the other baking sheet, spread the mushrooms and asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, placing the baking sheet with the mushrooms and asparagus in the oven to roast during the final 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, ½ to 1 teaspoon salt (use ½ teaspoon salt if using the feta cheese, use 1 teaspoon salt if skipping the feta cheese), and black pepper.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Place all the sweet potatoes evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Add half of the remaining vegetables and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with ½ of the feta cheese. Add the eggs, the other half of vegetables, sprinkle with the remaining feta.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the eggs are set. Let the casserole sit for 10 minutes before slicing.