- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup fine almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold cubed butter
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato (not yam)
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze
- Melted butter
- Smoked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter and sweet potato and cut in with a pastry blender or fork until butter is the size of peas, being careful to not overmix. Lightly stir in Almond Breeze with a fork just until mixture comes together.
- Gather into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured board; pat 3/4-inch thick. Cut into 2-inch circles with a cutter, pressing straight down (do not twist). Reroll and cut scraps, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with smoked salt. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. Serve with warm Red Eye Gravy.