- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Breeze milk
- 1/4 cup Lakanto sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the almond milk and the Lakanto in a small pot, and heat until the Lakanto is dissolved. Allow the mixture to cool. Remove skin and pit from the avocado and place in a food processor (or blender) with the cocoa powder. Add the sweetened almond milk mixture and blend until smooth. Place in the fridge until chilled, and serve.
- You can also use another sugar substitute like stevia, honey, or agave to taste or just use the same amount of regular sugar if you don’t need a sugar-free version
- If you haven’t heard of it before, Lakanto is a great sugar substitute that, like stevia, is derived from a plant (monk fruit) but doesn't have the aftertaste that some dislike in stevia. It’s a zero on the glycemic index, so it’s a good option for diabetics or those avoiding sugar.