- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Chocolate Almond Milk, plus more if necessary
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder (I recommend plain, vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 cup spinach (if you want a superfood boost)
- A few ice cubes
- 1 packet instant coffee, if desired
- Almond Butter (optional)
- Toasted Almonds (optional)
- Chia seeds (optional)
- Low-fat Granola (optional)
- Sliced Bananas (optional)
- Fresh Strawberries (optional)
- Carob chips (optional)
- Unsweetened Coconut flakes (optional)
- Add all ingredients except desired toppings to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If necessary, add more almond milk and/or ice to reach the desired consistency. The smoothie should be fairly thick so that you can eat it with a spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings such as chia and granola.