- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze (divided)
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning blend
- 1 egg
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 16 small rolls (2-inches in diameter)
- Fresh pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon sliced pickled jalapeno peppers plus 1 tablespoon brine from jar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large ripe avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1 medium green onion (sliced)
Mix together chicken, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Almond Breeze, onion, cheese, peppers, seasoning and egg in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (May be prepared 1 day ahead and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.)
- While meat mixture chills, make Creamy Breeze Guacamole: Combine the remaining ¼ cup of Almond Breeze, cilantro, pickled jalapeno peppers, pickle brine, garlic salt, avocado and green onion in a small blender or food processor and blend. Set aside.
- Using wet hands, shape meat into 12 flat patties. Coat liberally on both sides with olive oil spray and cook over medium heat in a very large nonstick skillet for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Spread roll bottoms with guacamole, then sprinkle with pico de gallo. Place a slider and roll top on each.