- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze almond milk
- ½ cup regular or mini chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and generously spray inside of liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess water with a paper towel. This is important, so don’t forget!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg whites; mix on medium-low until smooth and well combined. Add in zucchini, applesauce, and almond milk; mix again. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared liners. Bake 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. After 5 minutes, remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- To keep muffins dairy free, use dairy free chocolate chips.
- I love adding a few extra chocolate chips (2-3) on top of each muffin before baking to make them look pretty, but it's up to you!