- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg + 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Vanilla or Hint of Honey Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled store bought graham cracker crust
- Finely grated lime zest
- Toasted Blue Diamond Sliced Almonds
- Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, egg and egg yolks in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk in lime juice, then Almond Breeze. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture has thickened, whisking constantly. Stir in butter and lime zest and cook for 1 minute more. Whisk in butter and lime zest.
- Let cool slightly, then press plastic wrap directly onto the surface and refrigerate for several hours or until well chilled. (May be prepared 2 days ahead.)
- To serve, spoon into 8 small dessert cups. Coarsely crumble graham cracker crust over the top of each. Garnish with almonds and lime zest, if desired. Makes 8 small servings.
Vegan Tip: Replace eggs with an egg replacer product that requires 3 tablespoons water mixed with 1 tablespoon egg replacer, adding enough to equal 3 eggs.Replace buttery with buttery spread.