- 1 loaf challah or brioche
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened almondmilk
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin
- ½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard-sized loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut bread into one inch thick slices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Soak all of your slices of bread in the egg mixture for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice your apples horizontally into thin rings. Use a corer or a metal frosting tip to core the apple core from the slices.
- Layer in your soaked bread slices and apples, alternating one slice of bread to 3 slices of apples. If once you're done you have any egg mixture left over, pour it over the entire loaf. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cover loosely with tin foil.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, removing the tin foil after 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before sprinkling with powdered sugar!
- To serve, use a bread knife to cut slices from the loaf. Drizzle with maple syrup!