- 1 large ripe banana (~200 g), previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 Tbsp (32 g) salted natural peanut butter (if unsalted, add a pinch of salt)
- 1-2 dates, pitted (if not sticky and moist, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1 Tbsp (5 g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (240 - 360 ml) Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs for “chocolate chip” effect (blend in or use as topping)
- 1 Tbsp flax or hemp seeds for added nutrition
- Dairy free chocolate sauce (for drizzling inside glass)
- Coconut whipped cream for topping
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients except almond milk to the blender. Add in almond milk 1/2 cup at a time, adding only enough to allow the ingredients to blend together. Add more for a thinner shake and less for a thicker shake.
- Taste and adjust flavors, adding more banana or dates for sweetness, cacao for chocolate flavor, and peanut butter for saltiness. Optional: Add a handful of ice for extra thickness.
- Serves 1 generously. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You could even freeze this into popsicles!